When you’re hungry for anything, it can be hard to keep a clear head. Though rare, there are scammers on sugar dating websites, the same risks of online dating also do apply here. We summarized a few ‘sugar baby safety tips’. It is simple but practical. It is only when we have been sick that we know the value of health.
I know that we all love money and sugar, but more importantly, we love our life. Don’t wait to be deceived or threatened, to pay attention to these tips.
Sugar Baby Safety: Protect Your Information
Create Your Account Wisely
Protect yourself online, when you register your account somewhere, create a mock identity in the beginning, use it until you’re sure your sugar daddy is trustworthy. Once you find a mutually beneficial arrangement that works for you, you can share your actual personality with him.
Tips for Creating Your Profile Information
There are many solutions that teach you how to create an awesome online dating profile, but in this case of say, you need to learn how to protect your information at the same time.
- About the name: It depends on you
- About address: I personally don’t like sharing where I live.
- About work/school: Keep everything general: “I finished my undergrad in LA”, “I’m a yoga teacher”, etc.
- About phone number: Google Voice or Skype will be better.
- About bank account number: It is still something that can be used to withdraw money from your account. Protect it by not giving it out. Give him your PayPal address instead.
- About social security number: NO, seriously.
Sugar Baby Safety: Personal Safety When Dating
Sugar Baby Safety Tips Before Actual Meeting
Do not accept a date with someone who makes you uncomfortable – trust your gut. It’s both good for your safety and your time, to have an Identity Check before every date, get as many details as possible about him (full name, address, whether own a family or not, who else lives with them, etc.) from himself or through background searching. I.g. If he tells you he’s a CEO and owns his own company, go to the company’s official website and confirm that.
Sugar Baby Safety Tips for The First Meeting
- The first meeting should always be in a public place with plenty of other people around. Though most sugar daddies are nice, friendly people. But being safe is always better than being sorry. Restaurants, Mall, Central Park, it doesn’t matter as long as you’re surrounded by witnesses.
- Have your own transportation to get there and back home.
- Don’t trust anybody easily and quickly, if you ultimately decide you’re comfortable with having a potential sugar daddy over at your apartment, or visiting his house alone, then that will come after several dates, not the first.
- Don’t overindulge yourself on alcohol, and always watch your drinks. Definitely don’t get drunk. It’s sloppy and unattractive.
- A first meeting should never turn into a sexual transaction.